Urgent care treatment is a valuable service for the many acute and pressing illnesses and injuries that can affect children. When a child gets sick at night or on the weekend, parents often head straight to the emergency room. However, when parents are aware of available after-hours urgent care services they can save both time and money. At Vickery Pediatrics, we provide same-day sick visits and urgent care services to pediatric patients in Cumming, GA and surrounding communities.
What Conditions Are Treated By Urgent Care Doctors?
Urgent care doctors play an important role in a child’s healthcare, but not all conditions require an immediate consultation. Minor illnesses (where rapid attention is not necessary) can usually wait for a scheduled visit with your pediatrician. In contrast, severe illnesses or injuries are better treated in the emergency room than by an urgent care pediatrician. Some of the following conditions are usually treated at an urgent care or same-day sick appointment.
- Sinus infection
- Colds and flu
- Ear infection
- Minor injuries
- Sports injuries
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Minor cuts
- Skin rashes
- Animal or insect bites
- Minor burns
From common cold care for children to painful physical injuries, urgent care doctors are available for those times when you need a non-emergency response. Unfortunately, infants and older children inevitably experience sickness or injury at some point during their growing years. Urgent care is an important resource in diagnosing and treating children, whether through a same-day sick visit to our Cumming office, or by using the Pediatric Nurse Triage services via Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. When you are not sure whether or not your child needs emergency care, please call our office. If after hours, our on-call service can help.
Why Should You Use Urgent Care Services?
Urgent care services can be seen as a continuation of the same high level of treatment you receive during normal pediatric visits. As long as the condition is not an emergency, there are several benefits to using the service.
- Reduced waiting times – Urgent care visits typically involve far shorter waiting times than a visit to the emergency room.
- Affordable costs – Urgent care is also likely to be less expensive than the costs that can result from an emergency room visit.
- Peace of mind – If you are concerned about your child’s health, a same-day visit will reduce stress and give your child access to immediate treatment.
- Expert pediatric treatment – Nurses and doctors with pediatric expertise are available during visits.
- Consistent treatment – Your child’s medical care remains consistent, whether you use same-day sick visits or pediatric telemedicine services.
Pediatric Urgent Care Treatment in Cumming and the Surrounding Areas
Vickery Pediatrics provides same-day sick visits, urgent care services and well-child checkups from our Cumming pediatrician’s office. Our team treats patients in locations such as Cumming, Buford, Dawsonville, Gainesville, Johns Creek, Sugar Hill, Suwanee and Forsyth County. For assistance, call (678) 990-2501 or request an appointment now.