Welcome to Vickery Pediatrics Pediatric Care in Cumming, GA
Last Updated: March 19, 2020 1:45pm
The safety and health of your children are our primary concern. We are closely monitoring the status of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We will continue to follow the CDC’s most up-to-date recommendations for protecting your family in our office. Please click the following button for the latest information from the CDC on children and the Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19).
Due to the complexities of performing an accurate test, we do not perform COVID-19 testing in our office.
As pediatric testing centers become available, we will update information here and on our Facebook page.
To help reduce the chances of exposing you or your child to COVID-19 while in or office, we have taken the following steps:
- We are using separate well and sick entrances into the office. Please observe the signs before entering.
- We are using separate well and sick exam rooms in the office.
- We adjusted our office schedules to separate well and sick appointments. We may call you before your appointment to reduce your risk.
- We have increased the frequency of the sanitizing of our offices. If you have an allergy to certain cleaning products, please let us know in advance.
- The Patient Portal no longer allows you to self-scheduled sick appointments during this time.
- We have changed our check-in screening for patients to include questions about COVID-19. We apologize if check-in now takes a little longer. We ask that you wait until the patient current checking-in is finished before you approach the desk.
- If your child is sick, we ask that he or she wear a mask when entering the office. If you don't have a mask, ask us for one, and we will provide a mask only to the patient at the front desk if appropriate. If you are well, you do not need a mask. Please do not ask for one, it will not prevent you from exposure.
- To limit chances of exposure, we ask that you limit the number of people that accompany your sick child to the office. To minimize exposure to others, sick parents should stay at home.
Basic Screening for Coronavirus (COVID-19) risk:
1) If your child develops fever;
2) acute cough or shortness of breath; and,
3) a) has been exposed to someone with a confirmed COVID-19 within 14 days of symptom onset, or,
3) b) has traveled to an area of sustained community spread within 14 days,
4) please call our office before coming to visit. We will determine whether your child can be managed at home or will require evaluation at our office.
Please Read The Following Notices Regarding Coronavirus Disease - 2019 (COVID-19)
If you fear that your child has been exposed or might be sick with Coronavirus – please call to speak with our nurse in order that we can properly triage you and make sure that your child receives prompt care. Please refer to the resources that we are providing on how to protect your child during and outbreak.
Please take a moment to review our revised vaccination policy:
All patients requiring a flu vaccine and/or any school or sports forms, must be an established patient of record. Patients never having been seen by a Provider (New Patient) at our office will be required to schedule an office visit to ensure that we are aware of all aspects of their health. An insurance copay or co-insurance may apply at the time of this visit. All Nurse visits will be allowed for established patients only.
We have now changed to our Fall / Winter / Spring Office Hours. Starting October 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020, Vickery Pediatrics will be open from 8:00 am until 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Winter Hours:
Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm (closed for Lunch Between 12:30pm - 1:30pm).
Monday, December 25, 2017 -- CLOSED
Tuesday, December 26, 2017 -- CLOSED
- New Year
Monday, January 1, 2018 -- CLOSED